Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Small town living at it's best : )

Things are good here, no Milo falling into empty creepy pools!! And can I just say, those "adventures" we did a few weekends ago were creepy and of course after the fact someone tells me all the old buildings are haunted!! Now whether you believe or not I am here to say.....those old buildings are full of something creepy!!! I would not go there by myself that's for sure!! That said, the parts that have some light via old windows coming in are cool (still creepy but cool)!
So this weekend we tried our hand at fishing and crabbing, of which Isabel and I soon found out we are not very good at! Don't get me wrong I enjoy fishing however with a 4 year old who keeps swing the poll around and you aren't sure where the hook on it will end up, it takes away some of the fun. However Tim had some luck on Sunday and brought home 2 beautiful Salmon!! I never thought I'd say this but I am a little tried of Salmon, just a little though! I have come up with very creative ways to cook it so we are not eating it the same every time, so Salmon soup, Poached Salmon with Dill sauce, Salmon and cheese sandwiches, Salmon with pasta....um what else?!?!!? So I am keeping busy with cooking/baking. I have been on a mission to make the perfect loaf of bread and I got preaty darn close the other day! It's all in how you get the flour into the dough I have learned! So my next step will be when my wheat flour gets here I will try wheat bread. And yes when it gets here could be tomorrow, Sunday, next week or next year for all I know. It's so crazy how something get here in like 3 days and others take 2 months! A learning process I guess. I order us some fresh produce last Monday and it coem in on Sundays plane. We are talkin, sweet bell pepers, celery, asparagus and pears!!! It's so exciting have it even if it's for a week! I'm going to freeze some of it but I never thought I would be this excited over vegtables!!
Well it's raining again, seems to happen a lot here but we are all set for, jackets, boots and pants (thank you Brad!) so off to story time it is for Isabel and I.

No comments:

Post a Comment