Sunday, August 9, 2009

Did you see the cake???

Isabel is still struggling with the birthday "Party" and the actual birth day issue, but today was just amazing! So many people came out to wish Isabel a Happy Birthday and say goodbye to Cassidy...I got a contact popularity high!!!
I couldn't believe how many people were coming in the door. I not so secretly believe that everyone came to see the cake. I am very proud of the cake. This is evidenced by the fact that I have slipped the words "Did you see the cake?" into every conversation I have had today. I became rapidly aware that there really needs to be a lead in to this question. Otherwise it just seems really bazaar!
We do truly thank everyone for showing up today. It really means a lot. Although the love and care we received today and the showering of love Isabel received makes it very difficult to leave, we are happy to know that along our travels we have such wonderful friends and family to support us on our adventure. Thank you for that.
On a slightly different note, my beautiful wife has, I believe, come the realization that a Volvo SUV does not have the same carrying capacity as a twenty-six foot U-Haul truck. We are now looking at the best in state community colleges we can afford for Isabel because any hopes for a decent college will be spent on shipping food processors and a variety of rain boots (you know, because the fashion police of Adak might not let us go clubbing if we wear the same pair of rain boots two days in a row and, let's be honest here...when will we ever find the time to cut vegetables by hand?). I kid...mostly.
Photos from the party will be posted tomorrow. I hear rumor that there will be pictures of the cake. Did you see the cake?

1 comment: